Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Chris Corsano Band - High and Dry

High and Dry

If I'm being totally honest with you I almost always prefer Corsano in the context of a Duo rather than a solo record or some big clusterfuck of sound that obscures most of what he's doing. I mean, honestly, if i had to choose between listening to this or the recent Jailbreak or Flower-Corsano Duo records I'd pick those up in a heartbeat. I dunno why really.

That's not to say that I don't enjoy or love some of his solo records. I think this one is probably the strongest solo album he's done since the Young Cricketer.

For those of you who don't follow Volcanic Tongue semi-religiously like I do then dig on this. This is Corsano recording all the parts and making some free noise rock monstrosity that's capable of destroying Del Rio, TX with a whip of it's mighty noise rock cock.

1 comment:

hhhaaaooonnn said...

as long as it's here I'll give it one more try.
better watch out or you'll get a cock in the eye